Seat42f and Time Life have teamed up to give THREE lucky winners a copy of THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS on DVD. For a chance to win leave a comment below telling us why you want to add THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS to your DVD collection. Only one entry per person.ends October 4th. Winners will be notified on October 5th via email so make sure to use a valid email address when you post your comment.
DVD RELEASE DATE : September 20th, 2016
Click To Buy : THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS : https://amzn.com/B01H3KUHLQ
Bob Hope, the greatest entertainer of the 20th century, moved from Broadway to radio to movies to television as easily as a pro golfer sinking a two-foot putt. There was no better showcase for his prodigious talents then his NBC comedy-variety TV specials, which began in 1950 and spanned five decades and ten presidential administrations from Harry Truman to Bill Clinton. Hope’s hilarious TV specials – many of which are still among the most watched shows of all time — became a vehicle for the stars of the day and defined the variety show for generations of loyal fans. Whether he was ringing in the festive Christmas season with the biggest celebrities in Hollywood, along with major figures from the worlds of sports, music and politics, or bringing a taste of home to servicemen and women scattered thousands of miles from their families with his legendary USO shows, Hope’s warmth and goodwill knew no boundaries. He knew, whether home or abroad, laughter was truly the best medicine. And, for more than 50 years, Hope served it up like no other entertainer in history.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS features 13 digitally restored and unedited specials from Bob’s career, including (in chronological order):
- The Bob Hope Chevy Show — Original Air Date: October 21, 1956
- A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: September 27, 1963
- A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: December 15, 1965
- Chrysler Presents A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: October 19, 1966
- Chrysler Presents A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: February 15, 1967
- The Bob Hope Christmas Special — Original Air Date: January 18, 1968
- Highlights of a Quarter Century of Bob Hope on Television — Original Air Date: October 24, 1975
- Joys (A Comedy Whodunit) — Original Air Date: March 5, 1976
- Bob Hope’s World of Comedy — Original Air Date: October 29, 1976
- Texaco Presents The Bob Hope All-Star Christmas Comedy Special —Original Air Date: December 19, 1977
- The Hilarious Unrehearsed Antics of the Stars — Original Air Date: September 28, 1984
- Bob Hope: The First 90 Years — Original Air Date: May 14, 1993
- Bob Hope…Laughing with the Presidents — Original Air Date: November 23, 1996
Highlights from those programs include:
- Bob’s first studio comedy special “in living color” with guests Jack Benny, Bing Crosby, and Janet Leigh
- The Bob Hope Chevy Show with the entire cast of “I Love Lucy” — Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley, plus James Cagney and Diana Dors
- A hilarious spoof of Star Wars and other sketches with Tony Bennett, Perry Como, James Garner, Mark Hamill, Dean Martin, Olivia Newton-John, Barbra Streisand, Tuesday Weld, The Muppets, and others
- The murder-mystery parody Joys (A Comedy Whodunit) with nearly fifty guest stars including Charo, Milton Berle, Dean Martin, Don Rickles, George Gobel, Alan King, Don Knotts, Groucho Marx, Vincent Price and Freddie Prinze
- The best of the bloopers from 30 years of Bob’s shows with George Burns, Sammy Davis Jr., Angie Dickinson, Phyllis Diller, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Brooke Shields, Elizabeth Taylor, Mr. T, John Wayne, and many more
- Bob’s 1967 USO tour to 22 bases around Vietnam, Thailand and the South Pacific in 15 days with special guest Raquel Welch
- Highlights from over 25 years of specials in Bob Hope’s World of Comedy and the celebration Highlights of a Quarter Century of Bob Hope on Television
- A look at Bob’s personal relationships with American presidents including Franklin D. Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, John F. Kennedy, and Harry S. Truman
- Bob Hope’s 90th birthday celebration featuring tributes by Johnny Carson, George Burns and many more!
- Shanks for the Memory — The world of golf according to Bob Hope, which includes historic clips of Bob with Bing Crosby, presidents and pros on courses around the world, and special appearances by President Gerald Ford, pro golfers Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, and Jack Nicklaus.