FX Networks kicked off the first day of San Diego Comic-Con by unveiling theat the Hilton Bayfront Park. The featured groundbreaking activations and one-of-a-king interactive art installations of fan-favorite shows including Archer, American Horror Story, The Strain, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll. Highlights from day one included:
- The cast of The Strain stopped by the FXhibition space to pose with a variety of art installations based on iconic scenes from the series including a 25-foot “infected” Lady Liberty statue, “Quinlan” bust, and Strigoi Talon seat.
- Thrill seekers went on a hair-raising journey into the America Horror Story universe through the AHS Fearless VR Experience.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’s Paddy’s Pub offered Comic-Con attendees an escape from the heat by providing non-stop water on tap.
- Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll brought the show’s rock culture to the FXhibition through a larger-than-life installation, featuring a smashed guitar with broken pieces several feet in size.
- Fans were able to create shareable social media moments in the FX Sculpture Garden by face swapping with iconic FX characters including Archer’s“Pam Poovey,” American Horror Story: Asylum’s White Nun, Man Seeking Woman’s Troll, The Strain’s “Quinlan,” Baskets’ Clown and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s “Frank Reynolds” as the “troll” character fromThe Nightman Cometh.
- The FX Lounge became a hotspot for visitors stopping in throughout the day for shade, entertainment and free WIFI.
- Guests took a minute to rest their feet in special seating inspired by some of the world’s most iconic chairs re-interpreted as notable props from various FX series, including the American Horror Story: Hotel Mattress as a Barcelona Bench and Archer’s Martini Olive as an Oliva Chair.
Full hours for the FXhibition can be found below:
Friday 10AM – 6PM
Saturday 10AM – 6PM
Sunday 10AM – 4PM
SDCC Photos : FXhibition @ Comic-Con